Name and date of birth
Please supply photocopied evidence of your full name (including any changes to your name) and date of birth. This must be one of the following:
- birth certificate
- national ID card
- aliens registration certificate
- UK driving license
If you have changed your name please supply one of the following to support your change of name:
- marriage certificate
- deed poll
- statutory declaration
You must supply evidence that you have achieved the qualifications listed on your application form and it is your responsibility to arrange for all the necessary documentation to be obtained to support your application.
If we request additional documentary evidence after you have submitted your application, please make sure that we receive it by the due registration date. If you are unable to do this please contact us.
Please contact our Student Advice Centre.
Submitting your original documents in person
If it is more convenient for you to bring your original documents to our office in London, we will take a copy and return them to you immediately. If you intend to come to the University, please call to confirm first.
The Student Advice Centre is open from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. You can telephone us during these hours on +44 (0)20 7862 8360.
Student Advice Centre
University of London
32 Russell Square
Getting your documents verified
You must submit photocopies of your original educational documents which have been verified as a true copy at a British Council office, British Consulate, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ Embassies or by our Recognised teaching institutions, (direct links to these are listed below).
Please contact the institution in the first instance to see if they are able to provide this service before you visit them. If your documents are not in English, it is possible that we can still read them here, for our staff offer a wide range of language skills, but for further advice as to whether you do need to have them officially translated, please contact our Student Advice Centre.
If you reside in one of the following places, we can accept documents verified by an official body who in that country has such authority e.g. Commissioner of Oaths, Justice of the Peace and Solicitors:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
Each copy must be officially stamped and signed by the recognized authority and all the verified copies must be accompanied by full details of both the authorities name, job title, postal address, email address and telephone number, for we will be making spot checks that this work has been carried out by the named authority.
If none of the above options are possible you can contact the awarding/examining authority and arrange for them to send direct to us a statement/transcript of your results (clearly giving your name, date of birth and University of London student number). Please do not send original documents. If none of the options are available to you, please contact our Student Advice Centre for further advice.
Verified copies should be uploaded with your online application or if you are providing evidence at a later date after having already submitted your application you should upload them via the Student Advice Centre form. Alternatively verified copies can still be sent to the Admissions Office in London by post.
If the final certificate has yet to be issued, you can provide a copy of your results slips, verified as above.
We do however reserve the right to request additional information and/or the original documents.
- Bhuiyan Academy
- British School of Law
- Dhaka Centre for Law and Economics
- London College of Legal Studies (Gulshan)
- London College of Legal Studies (South)
- Newcastle Law Academy
- HKU SPACE - School of Professional and Continuing Education
- SPEED - Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Indian School of Business and Finance - New Delhi
- Podar World College
- Russell Square International College - Mumbai
- Kazakh British Technical University (KBTU)/International School of Economics and Social Sciences (ISE)
- Advance Tertiary College (ATC) - Kuala Lumpur and Penang
- Brickfields Asia College - Kuala Lumpur
- Crescendo International College JB
- HELP C.A.T - Kuala Lumpur
- KDU University College - Kuala Lumpur
- Kolej PTPL Penang
- SEGi College Sarawak
- Stamford College (PJ) Sdn Bhd
- Centre for Legal and Business Studies
- Continuing Education Faculty of the Russian Academy of Justice
- International College of Economics and Finance, University - Higher School of Economics
- Regional Language Centre - (RELC)
- SAA Global Education
- Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
- Stansfield College
- ITC School of Laws
- TMC Academy Pte Ltd
- PSB Academy
Trinidad and Tobago
- Academy of Tertiary Studies
- College of Legal Studies
- Institute of Law and Academic Studies
- Institute of Tertiary Tutors
- K Beckles and Associates Law Tutors Ltd
- School of Business and Computer Science (SBCS) - Camp Fleurs and San Fernando
United Arab Emirates