Receiving your examination results:
- All scripts are returned to the University of London for marking.
- Results will be processed as quickly as possible after the Examiners' Final Meetings and thereafter your marks or grades obtained at the examination will be sent to you.
- Students who have passed an examination are not permitted to re-enter the examination in order to achieve a better result.
- If you have been successful at the final examination, a certificate under the seal of the University will be delivered to you within three months after receipt of your results.
- Undergraduate degrees are awarded with First Class Honours, Upper Second Class Honours, Lower Second Class Honours, Third Class Honours or Pass, depending on the marks gained.
- Diploma awards are unclassified. Diplomas in English, Philosophy and Theology are awarded with a grading of Merit, Credit or Pass. Diplomas in Economics, Law and Computer and Information Systems are awarded with a grading of Distinction, Merit, Credit or Pass.
- MSc, Postgraduate Certificates and Postgraduate Diplomas are awarded without classification. For some degrees, where indicated in the relevant Regulations, a mark of Distinction or Merit may be awarded.
- Graduates will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony in London.