Founded in 1823, Birkbeck is a vibrant centre of academic excellence that has forged its own path by becoming London's specialist provider of evening higher education.
Birkbeck supports access to mature students by encouraging applications from students without traditional entry qualifications. It also offers programmes to suit different entry levels.
It is ranked among the leading UK universities for research excellence in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
Birkbeck and the International Programmes
The University of London International Programmes offers a number of qualifications developed by Birkbeck.
- Philosophy (BA / Dip HE / Cert HE)
- Human Resource Management (MSc / PG Dip)
- Organizational Psychology (MSc / PG Dip)
Birkbeck also offers academic direction on the philosophy component of the combined courses offered in collaboration with Goldsmiths, University of London.
- English with Computing, Philosophy, or Theology (BA / Dip HE / Cert HE)
- Philosophy with Computing, English or Theology (BA / Dip HE / Cert HE)
- Theology with Computing, English or Philosophy (BA / Dip HE / Cert HE)
Birkbeck provides an inspirational teaching and learning experience, and is consistently ranked highly in London for teaching and student satisfaction.
It has around 18,000 students from around the world studying undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the arts and humanities, sciences, social sciences, law and business.
The college also boasts excellent career records among its alumni, many of whom become career professionals in London.