The value of a British degree
British higher education is world class. The excellence of the teaching and research in British universities is acknowledged worldwide.
- If you study through the University of London International Programmes, wherever you are in the world, you will be studying for a degree which follows the rigorous standards set by the British government for all UK higher education.
- The approach to learning that we follow, and is common to all British degrees, fosters independent thinking, analytical skills and self-discipline. This will give you an edge when you're competing for a job as these are skills employers value.
- Studying in English will enable you to improve your English language skills and give you a headstart in an international career.
- As we use dependable assessment methods - including unseen written exams, with rigorous checks for cheating, you can be confident about the value of your degree.
- An independent body - the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) safeguards the quality and standards of Higher Education and regularly audits the quality of UK universities.
Nadeesha Nanayakkara, BSc Information Systems and Management, Studied in Sri Lanka
'I was required to continuously challenge my own thinking, whilst engaging with the fundamental concepts. The degree enabled me to become an independent thinker within academic/professional environments. Having obtained a full scholarship to undertake postgraduate studies at the LSE, I will shortly be taking up work as business analyst for an IT outsourcing company.'