Study in Pakistan, graduate from the University of London
The University of London International Programmes enables you to study for a prestigious University of London qualification in Pakistan.
We work with a number of local teaching centres in Pakistan, which support many of our undergraduate programmes.
What can you study?
We currently have over 3,000 students in Pakistan studying towards a range of University of London qualifications. Popular subjects studied in Pakistan include:
- Laws: we offer Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Master of Laws (LLM), directed by a consortium of Colleges
- Social Sciences: including Accounting, Finance, Business, and International Relations (directed by LSE)
- Business Administration (directed by Royal Holloway)
- Master's in Professional Accountancy (gain a Master's and your ACCA qualification at the same time)
How you study:
- You have flexibility around how you study. You can take classes on a full or part-time basis at a local teaching institution in Pakistan
- It is much more affordable to study in Pakistan. Since you don't relocate to London, you will have lower tuition fees and living costs.
- You can combine your studies with work and establish links with future employers to get a head start when job-hunting.
- If you prefer, you can complete in 3 years rather than the standard 4 years in Pakistan.
- You study for most Master's programmes independently by distance learning. This allows you to fit your studies around your work and family life.
Valued by employers
- University of London qualifications are internationally recognised for their high academic standards and have a high level of credibility among employers.
- More than 80% of graduates in Pakistan become employed or enter further study 6 months after graduation (University of London First Destinations Survey 2014).
- University of London degrees help you to develop valuable transferable skills such as problem-solving, analysis and self-motivation - abilities which are sought-after by top employers and universities worldwide. Read the story of alumnus Hassaan Ahmad, who studied in Pakistan and was offered a job in the UK with a multinational company.
Achievement Awards and Scholarships
Academic Achievement awards are given to the top first year EMFSS and Undergraduate Laws students in Pakistan.
There are also fee-waiver scholarships available for the top performing students in the postgraduate laws (LLM) programmes. See our page on the LLM Scholarship Scheme for more details.
Sign up for more information
If you'd like to find out more about studying with the University of London without leaving Pakistan, please sign up here.
Graduates who studied in Pakistan
Our graduates talk about their experience studying with the University of London in Pakistan.
See the video on our Facebook portal about these graduates:
- Ahmad Qahafa - BSc Economics and Finance.
- Nida Sohail Chaudhary - BSc Economics.
- Mujtaba Raja - Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Sareena Khan - Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
Study independently or at a local institution
In Pakistan, you can choose to study for our qualifications at a local independent teaching institution, or by distance learning.
Download an information leaflet
BSc degrees from the University of London International Programmes are recognised by the HEC. The HEC regulates the recognition of degree qualifications and institutions. It has an official list of all UK recognised universities. The University of London is in this list.
The University of London’s Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree is recognised as fulfilling the requirements of the Academic Stage of training for the purposes of proceeding to the Vocational Stage of training for legal practice in Pakistan, England, Wales and other jurisdictions, provided students complete the necessary courses.
Studying with the University of London International Programmes in Pakistan is much more affordable than coming to London to study on campus. With no travel, relocation or accommodation costs, it represents excellent value for money.
The University of London does not offer scholarships to students in Pakistan, however you may be able to get support through the following schemes:
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
The Higher Education Commission in Pakistan provides a number of scholarships for postgraduates.
Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies.