GY1148 Methods of geographical analysis (half course)
GY1148 Methods of geographical analysis must be taken after or at the same time as ST104A Statistics 1.
- Evolution of the principal methodological and philosophical approaches to the study of human and physical geography.
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection in human and physical geography from primary and secondary sources.
- Data presentation and mapping geographical distributions and relationships.
- Descriptive statistics in geographical applications.
- Modelling systems and relationships in real geographical contexts.
- Interpreting qualitative data, case studies and ethical considerations in human geography.