MN3141 Principles of marketing
EC1002 Introduction to economics or SC1021 Principles of sociology or MN2079 Elements of social and applied psychology.
Part A. Understanding consumer and buyer behaviour
- An overview of marketing: history and theory.
- The marketing environment and a game theory perspective on competition.
- An introduction to consumer behaviour.
- Introduction to market segmentation.
- Organisational buyer behaviour.
- Customer relationship marketing (CRM).
Part B. Understanding organisational marketing behaviour
- Introduction to promotion and advertising.
- Branding and product development.
- Product life-cycle (PLC) theory.
- Introduction to pricing strategy.
- Introduction to placement and distribution analysis.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) and marketing: the ethical and social implications of marketing behaviour.