Student support and guidance
There is further information on support and guidance in the Student Handbook.
The following summarises the support and guidance available to students:
- Textbooks are provided for each module studied.
- Web-based discussion forum supervised by tutors (may be accessed by email also). Students may alternatively email in academic queries for forwarding to tutors if they do not wish to use the discussion forum.
- Student support staff are available to offer help and advice on administrative matters. Course Directors are also available for students to contact for general academic queries relating to the course and their study progress.
- Written tutorial feedback on set assignments.
- Student Handbook:
- This provides guidance on all aspects of the programme. It includes background information about the programme, advice on getting started, studying as a distance learner and organising study time, a description of the resources and course materials available and how to access them, networking and support issues, procedures for assessment and examinations, including course deadlines.
- Programme Specification and Regulations booklet.
- Past examination papers and Examiners' commentary which provide generic feedback from assessment.
- LSHTM and University of London libraries - registered students have full access to resources within the LSHTM library and may use resources located within the University of London library (for a small additional fee)
- Access to other resources available through a student portal.