See glossary for an explanation of terms.
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Latin American Studies (BA)
- Diploma of Higher Education in Spanish and Latin American Studies - exit awards only
- Certificate of Higher Education in Spanish and Latin American Studies - exit awards only
There is no provision for individual courses to be taken on a stand alone basis.
Level of the programmes
The FHEQ forms part of the academic infrastructure of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in England and Wales.
The awards are placed at the following Levels of the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ):
- Bachelor's degree with honours (BA) - Level 6
- Diploma of Higher Education in Spanish and Latin American Studies - level 5
- Certificate of Higher Education in Spanish and Latin American Studies - level 4
Relevant QAA subject benchmarks group(s)
See the QAA website for information.
Languages and related studies
Communication, Media, Film and Cultural Studies
See Glossary for an explanation.
Accreditation by professional or statutory body
Language of study and assessment
See also section 4 of the Detailed Regulations.
English and Spanish
All non-language assessment (coursework and unseen written examinations) may be written in either English or Spanish, but no special credit will be given for answering in Spanish. Students are normally expected to have read the set texts in Spanish and to quote from them in Spanish.
Mode of study
Find further details about student support in the student handbook.
Distance and flexible study