Trinidad and Tobago
Study in Trinidad and Tobago, graduate from the University of London
The University of London International Programmes enables you to study a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses by distance and flexible learning. You can remain in Trinidad and fit your studies around your work and family life.
Our programmes are developed by the lead colleges of the University of London, which have an international reputation for the quality of their teaching and research.
What can you study?
We have over 2,000 students currently studying in Trinidad and Tobago. Popular courses include:
- Undergraduate Laws: CertHE and Bachelor of Laws (LLB), directed by a consortium of Lead Colleges)
- Computing: Degrees in Information Systems and Creative Computing (directed by Goldsmiths)
- Business Administration (directed by Royal Holloway)
- Master's in Professional Accountancy (gain a Master's and your ACCA qualification at the same time)
Five reasons to study with the University of London
- Academic excellence: A University of London degree is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Accreditation: The University of London is recognised by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad & Tobago (ACTT) as an awarding institution.
- Career opportunities: Our graduates go on to work for leading companies including Unilever, IBM, BP and Powergen, both in the Caribbean and further afield.
- Local support: We work with a number of local institutions in the Caribbean that offer teaching support.
- Distance and flexible options: With our distance and flexible study options, you can fit your studies around your work and family life.
Academic Achievement Awards
Academic Achievement Awards are given to the top first year Undergraduate Laws students in Trinidad and Tobago.
Get updates about studying with us
For more information about studying in Trinidad and Tobago, sign up to our Trinidad & Tobago mailing list.
Study independently or at a local institution
In Trinidad and Tobago, you can choose to study for our qualifications at a local independent teaching institution, or by distance learning.
Download an information leaflet
The Accreditation Council of Trinidad & Tobago (ACTT) recognises the University of London as an awarding institution for a period of seven years from 08 September 2009.
All recognised centres offering University of London International Programmes are registered with the ACTT and have registered those University of London International Programmes they offer with the ACTT.
If you live in Trinidad and Tobago, you can apply for financial assistance through the Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses Programme (GATE) to cover the cost of tuition at local institutions registered with the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
The University of London LLB is recognised for entry into the legal profession in most Caribbean countries, along with England, Wales and other jurisdictions, provided certain course requirements are met. The degree qualifies you for entry to the Hugh Wooding Law School in Trinidad, where you can study for the Legal Education Certificate to practise as a lawyer in the Caribbean.
For more information about studying with us in Trinidad and Tobago, please sign up here.